In this event for employers we will be exploring the building blocks of social mobility with Ann Francke OBE, Chief Executive of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Through our conversation with Ann, we will explore:
- How organisations can develop an social mobility strategy
- CMI’s new report, The Everyone Economy
- The initial steps organisations should take to kick-start their socio-economic diversity journey set out in SMC’s new Building Blocks toolkit
- The role of senior leaders and managers in boosting inclusion and widening opportunities
- How to ensure your organisation is an environment where all staff can thrive, regardless of background
About our Speaker
Ann Francke OBE is Chief Executive of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) the UK’s leading professional body for management and leadership with a global member community of over 180k. She started her career at Procter & Gamble and has held senior executive positions at Mars, Boots, Yell and BSI. In 2020, Ann was awarded an OBE for services to workplace equality.
Ann is an expert on gender balance in the workplace and speaks frequently in the media and conferences on this and other management topics. Ann authored two books – Create a Gender-balanced Workplace, and the ‘Financial Times Guide to Management.’ She has been named in the top 100 women to watch in the 2015 Female FTSE Cranfield report and received the MemCom award for outstanding leadership of a UK professional body in 2016. Ann recently featured on female one zero’s 2022 list – ‘40 Over 40 – The World’s Most Inspiring Women’.
Ann has five Honorary Doctorates for her work in management and leadership, is an advisory board member for the Work Foundation & Nottingham Business School, sits on the Advisory Council of the Chancellors Help to Grow: Management initiative, is an Engineering Council Board member, chairing their diversity & inclusion working group and chairs the WACL working group on workplace equality.